It says ‘The Google Drive folder you selected is not empty. Please select an empty folder or empty this one’ when I try to map Google Drive to previous folder I’ve have associated with.
It means we’ll need to create a new folder and sync/download all of files again. And what happen if we have Gigs or thousands of files, this should be a big problem.
This tutorial will solve this problem with a few advance steps required with command prompt.
1. Completely quit Google Drive, right-click Google Drive icon on the tray and click Quit Google Drive
2. Open the command prompt, click Start and type cmd in the search box
3. Run the following command on the commmand prompt, the googledrivesync.exe executable file should be located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Drive
4. Now we can start Google Drive setting up as normal. Let’s sign in to Google Drive
5. Click Next to go to step 2
6. Click Next to go to step 3
7. Click Next to go to step 4
8. Click Advanced setup button on step 4
9. Choose a folder where Google Drive will sync files to; it could be the previous folder you’ve choosed before.
10. After that, click Start sync
11. Right-click again on the Google Drive icon, we now can see status is comparing files instead of syncing. It just takes a few minutes to complete.