I’m running some websites based on Umbraco as the back-end for content management. All of them are quite busy sites serve over ten thousands of visitors daily. In order to ensure my sites run properly, I have to do caching to optimize the response times and resources consumption as well.
Umbraco is the open source ASP.NET CMS (Content Management System) and in some words, it’s FREE. In general, it’s one of the most deployed Web Content Management Systems on the Microsoft stack. Like others CMS, Umbraco also support caching to perform better and faster.
Umbraco’s terrific caching engine is also compatible with your own controls and even though it offers great flexibility, it’s so easy to use that there’s no excuse for not making your site perform blistering fast.
This tutorial will show you how to do cache the output of your Umbraco Macros with few simple steps/clicks below:
- 1. Login to the Umbraco CMS back-end
- 2. Click on the Developer tab and expand the Macros node
- 3. Select a particular Macro you want to do cache the output
- 4. In the Macro Properties tab, set the Cache Period, ex: 3600 seconds and check options on how you want to cache the Macro.
- 5. Click on the Save icon to update your change