First, let’s answer the question: WHY? Some of you may have the answer already, there are a lot of reasons to hide the External and Affiliate Links. From my opinions, I want to use a redirect (with redirect key and target url) plugin to hide them from my readers or even Search Engine because:
- Easier to keep track the number of times the link is clicked
- Almost they are too long, too ugly with a lot of random characters and numbers especially with affiliate links
- Don’t want so many outbound links on my site
- Engage people click on my affiliate links because they’re clean link
- Just change one time if the Affiliate or External Links are changed
Because of the reasons above, I decide to find a good WordPress Plugin to handle my Affiliate And External Links. After downloaded & tried some, I found a best one, it’s working as a dream :). It’s GoCodes, you can download the URL redirection/shortener plugin from: http://4rapiddev.com/go/gocodes/ – a nice demonstration, isn’t it?
After download & active in your admin portal, go to Tools to start.
It’s supper easy to use, trust me 🙂
If you have any idea with another suggestion, please comment below.